Engagement is the degree of attention, curiosity, interest, optimism, & passion that students/players show when learning or being taught, which extends to the level of motivation they have to learn and progress in their education.
1. LOCK IN – PUT BALL BETWEEN FEET – LOCK HANDS AND LEGS – TOES ON LINE (SIT IN FRONT ROWS AT SCHOOL AND TAKE NOTES)
2. EYE CONTACT – GET TO A SPOT WHERE YOU CAN SEE TEACHER/COACHES EYES
3. SHOW TEACHER & COACHES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING & GETTING BETTER
4. BRING LIGHT (ENERGY) - CONTRIBUTE DON’T CONTAMINATE
5. MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT - HIGH FIVES – USE NAMES AND GIVE POSITIVE SUPPORT
6. TRANSITION – GET TO EACH DRILL/CLASS QUICKLY & ORDERLY
7. ORGANIZE – GOP = GRAND ORGANIZING PLAYER (HELP EACH OTHER OUT)
8. ASK QUESTIONS – TEACHERS & COACHES LOVE TO HELP
9. INDICATE YOU UNDERSTAND – NOD / SAY THANK YOU
Conclusion: It is the Student/Players job to control their effort & attitude. Leave the room a better place than when you first entered.